Friday 25 July 2014

Success Story : Omar Zubairi

Here is a Success Story share with us by Omar Zubairi.
"Among the galaxy of professions around us, aviation is a field which has stood the test of time.The passion, job satisfaction and monitory rewards have never shown a dip. I consider myself very fortunate to be in this profession.
Flying was my childhood dream but let me first introduce myself, I am Omar Zubairi from Pakistan, will be turning 21 in coming november. Having completed my CPL with multi engine instrument rating from South Africa, I am busy doing MCC and preparing for
writing my ATPL subjects. I was born in the garrison city of Rawalpindi in Pakistan.My father was an officer in the medical corps of Pakistan Air force and perhaps like every child at the airbase where we used to live, I used to get fascinated by the machine known as a plane and the person in charge called the pilot.I used to dream of being up in the air and flying my own aircraft one day.Gradually this liking turned into a passion which was there to stay.
In my school days i used to spent good many hours watching graceful landings and powerful takeoffs standing at the fence where the runway of our international airport used to start.Other than sports, my life was watching planes, reading planes and dreaming planes.
On completion of my high school (A.levels),I decided to go for my CPL course.Though i had the full support of my parents, I faced the first obstacle.Many people thought that i was too young to start the process , I decided to turn this obstacle into an opportunity, it is much easier to inculcate the basic protocols needed by a professional pilot in a younger brain than otherwise.The other hindrance was my choice to do it from a place thousands of miles away from my house.The decision was based on giving me multifaceted exposure needed for better grooming and augmenting my capabilities. In particular i was impressed by the school's motto of having no compromise on safety.
So dear all here I am with the help of Allah and support of my parents enjoying every moment while on air or on the ground.I am ready to learn more and want to bring more professionalism and ethics in this profession of mine.
In the pictures.. demonstrating the principles of flight to class fellows when i was in Playgroup and getting the three golden bars a many years later :)
(standing first on the left side)"